It’s not all about suits and boardrooms – LinkedIn is a global network with nearly a billion users in 200 countries, across multiple sectors and specialisms. So, whether you’re raising awareness with a broad audience or getting super specific, it’s all possible.
1. There’s an active audience. In fact, 16.2% of LinkedIn’s 930 million users are active every day, while 48% are active monthly. (Statista)
2. LinkedIn’s audience is broad, but most users are between 25 and 34 years old. Millennials account for 60% of the userbase. 20% of LinkedIn users are between 18 and 24, and around 18% are between 35 and 54. Only 2% are over 55. (Hootsuite)
3. You can leverage a relatively untapped resource for many brands: their employees. A third of company engagement on LinkedIn comes from their staff, helping to build advocacy. In fact, employees are 14 times more likely to share a business’s content over other content they see on the platform. (LinkedIn)
4. You’re speaking to decision makers. According to the platform, 4 out of 5 people on LinkedIn “drive business decisions”. (LinkedIn)
5. LinkedIn saw record levels of engagement last year, with a 22% increase in feed updates, a 25% increase in public conversations and a 25% increase in public content shared. (SocialMediaToday)
6. People are actively using LinkedIn as a part of their job searching now – 61 million users look for jobs on LinkedIn every week. (LinkedIn)
7. People act when they find a job that appeals to them. Every single second, 101 job seekers submit an application on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
8. The quality of applications is good. 67% of recruiters say that LinkedIn offers the highest quality of candidates. (FinancesOnline)
9. People don’t just apply for jobs on the platform, they get them too. Every minute, 8 people are hired on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
10. Advertising on the platform can have a positive impact on the perception of your brand. 50% of brands are seen as “higher quality” after advertising on LinkedIn. 59% are seen as “more respectable”, and 92% as “more professional”. (SocialMediaToday)
11. 40% of B2B marketers indicate that LinkedIn is the most effective channel for driving high quality leads. (LinkedIn)
12. Not only can the channel drive leads, but it can also move them through the funnel. With LinkedIn Ads, businesses see a 33% increase in purchase intent. (LinkedIn)
13. Intent also leads to action – LinkedIn has higher conversion rates than Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter, as well as Google PPC ads. (WebFX)
14. You don’t have to pay to play. 77% of marketers agree that they see the best organic results from LinkedIn – over double the next best, Facebook (37%). Instagram was third (27%), followed by YouTube (21%). (Content Marketing Institute)
LinkedIn is king when it comes to B2B marketing. But with a plethora of formats and solutions to take advantage of, it can hold its own for B2C strategies too, if used in the right way. There’s an active audience looking for fresh content and ready to engage, the question is – are you there to take advantage of it?
We’ve seen success for many of our clients on the platform, from corporate travel, to smart technology, and fuel storage solutions. If you’re looking to leverage LinkedIn for your brand, drop us a line today.